About Kokrajhar DIET, Kokrajhar, BTC, Assam.
The DIET, Kokrajhar is a pioneer teacher education institute in the district as well as the Bodoland Territorial Council area. From the day of establishment in 1989 till date it has been able to maintain its pride prestige following the guideline and instruction given by the Govt. of Assam and with the keeping hands of Bodoland Territorial Council, Kokrajhar , By virtue of the united approach and dedicated services rendered by the academic staff and supporting office staff, this institute has been able to flourish up to the mark of satisfaction all concerned in respect of imparting quality teacher education resulting its quality school education in the district as well as the BTC area.
Our vision is to develop our institute as one of the Premier Training Institute in the country where every trainee will learn to love teaching profession by heart for producing the quality students and cherished human being in the society.
The faculties will give best effort to the trainees to develop them internally as skilled, expert and dedicated in teaching for the children. Every faculty will prepare herself/himself as resourceful, reflective and dynamic mentor and guide and for that time to time, the faculties will go under short and long term training courses such as refresher, orientation and capacity building programme. Trainees will be emphasised on maximum practical activities in workshop mode and internship in the school along with limited theoretical classes.
Achieving Excellence Together
From the very beginning, this institute has been involved in various teacher development and school development programmes of its own and under NCERT, SCERT, DPEP, SSA and various NGOs like unicef, ASER , NIDAN, NERSWN, The Mahila Samata Society etc. Some other programmes and activities in this line are worth mentioning –
- Supporting DPEP programme,
- Conducting various research work like action research, applied research, survey research etc.
- School support visit for teacher and school development,
- Conducting D.El.Ed. in-service teacher education programmes,
- Conducted D.El.Ed. programmes under Krishnakanta Handique state open university,
- Conducting D.El.Ed. course ( ISTE programmes ) in ODL mode under SCERT,
- Conducting NIOS D.El.Ed. course and Bridge course both for Govt. and private teachers.
- Conducting field level survey work of National Achievement survey, State Level Achievement Survey, survey on Annual Status of Educational Report etc.
- Involving and supporting various SSA programmes and activities.
- Adoption of school under Mission Uttaran Project initiated by SCERT, Assam and providing support for academic improvement and school environment development.
The Kokrajhar District comprises four educational block. Against each block, one DIET faculty is engaged as the block in-charge and member of District Academic Core Group. All the block in-charge are to undergo regular school and teacher support (onsite support) visit and the reports of the visits are to be presented in the monthly DACG meeting.